Friday, July 24, 2015

Photography by Ashley B

...For the Love of CLICK...
I would say that my job spoke to me when I was a child. Sounds silly but I remember my mom taking out her camera and taking pictures, hand developing, and getting to see her work. I remember being obsessed with the sound the camera made when you used the lever to pull the film back....I even loved the containers that my moms film came in. It amazed her to see her work on our walls, and to hear of how she used to set up at art shows. My mom was so good at it. And I wanted to be too.

I got my first camera with money I received from graduating with my two year business degree with a specialization in marketing. I at the time had a small boutique in town, was going to school four days of the week, and using my friends camera when I took pictures of people. So when graduation came instead of being smart and saving I bought my very first digital dslr camera. 
(Thank you to those out there who contributed and didn't even know it) 

I hit the ground running. Photographing who I could, when I could, and for free. I built my portfolio and slowly started taking paid jobs after a year. I really loved it and looking back now I am so thankful to my clients who must have really loved me to stick with me through the learning process of it all :)

I stayed home with the baby and photographed families. I went back to work for a while because I felt like I needed to be doing more. But today I am happy to say that I have babied this business and built it from the ground up and am a little over one year of working for myself as a full time photographer.

I am constantly learning and oh so lucky to have such amazing support from friends, family, and even other local photographers.

I love what you are able to do for families with pictures. Not just during their session, not just during the editing, or even when they get their pictures. It is so much more than that. 
If I have learned anything over the last few months experiences is that my images can truly tell a story. 

I have found my dream job, and while it takes up a lot of time and a lot of sleepless red eyed nights....telling any story through an image sounds like a kick ass job to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment