Saturday, December 20, 2014

Our Over Due House Warming / Pregnancy Announcement Party


So while I was excited to have this party I was at the same time dreading it. When I was making the details of how we were revealing in the back of my mind all I could think of was we have so many other chromosome results we are waiting on. I was SICK to my stomach to think that the day after we share this amazing joyous news I will also be putting fear into our families mind and having them join us on this waiting game. 

The morning of the part I was hugging the toilet. Our friend came over to help and I continued to sneak into the bathroom to throw up. I hadn’t been sick at all this pregnancy. The only days I remember being sick were on stressful days, and the day of the party all I thought about was.......

1.) am I going to be able to fake it and be really excited like everyone else is going to be? 

2.) will I be able to tell our families without falling apart the next day?

Everything came together just in time. Below are some images of the get together and how we revealed that we were pregnant and having a baby girl. I did allow myself and my mind to relax and enjoy the excitement in everyones face. But as I reflect and type this I still have the same knot in my throat like I am going to have to tell them again. 

My sister quizzed my friend on why I could know so soon the sex of the baby and was something wrong. Thankfully she is good at lying and said the tech was really good. 

No comments :

Post a Comment