Monday, July 27, 2015

We will be Marching...

In 2006 early early early in the morning I drove to help a very close friend with a cause she felt very strongly about....March of Dimes. When I look back on that Day I remember it very clearly but I can honestly say I had NO IDEA what these Parents and Children had been through. 

I knew what March of Dimes was....I knew I was there to volunteer and I knew it was important to my friend. I actually signed in several families and teams the day of the walk. NEVER realizing that one day this even would be for people like us, and for children like Presley.

When I got wheeled in to see Presley for the very firs time. The very first time I would be seeing my sweet baby girl I was noticed a sign on the desk for "March of Dimes" I instantly got taken back to the walk and thought "wow, never did I think this would be us."

Presley was born the week of the March of Dimes walk. Some of the Nurses in the NICU were gearing up for the March of Dimes Walk. I actually remember one of our nurses who we didn't "know" yet came in with her walking gear on and I thought to myself......"Wow. She really loves these babies" and not just HER babies in THIS NICU.

I am looking forward to having a team this year and walking for our Sweet Girl Presley and her being with us for the walk. 

Every day, thousands of babies are born too soon, too small and often very sick. We are walking in March for Babies because I want to do something about this and I need YOUR help. We will be walking for our sweet baby, the the babies we met in the NICU, and for the sweet babies who are no longer with us. 

Please consider Joining/Donating to our Team!

No comments :

Post a Comment