Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Second Visit to High Risk Doctors


The day after my birthday, so of course this birthday was spent pretending to be excited when really I was just anxious for the next day. By this point several of our family members and close friends knew what was going on and were praying hard for this to be our last visit and end with wonderful news that all was perfect with her (still no name). I couldn’t wait to see her but was ready for them to count all fingers, all toes, see that both legs were growing, and both arms were growing. This sonogram was to determine if she did or did not have any physical birth defects. 

As we waited in the waiting room, it was a struggle. No one is there for a good reason. Several moms are crying. That is not easy. For this sonogram we took mayson with us with my mother so that he could see his baby. 

He professed that she “talked to him!” when her heart was beating. He loves her so much already. Shortly after hearing her heart my mom took him out as we had planed because I did not want him or her in the room with Ryan and I if they did find something to be wrong.

It was a very long sonogram. But it went well. We were so happy to hear of this. The doctor came in and explained that he is a very cautious doctor and would prefer to see us a little later in our pregnancy when her organs were larger to check and make sure those were progressing normally.

I was upset when hearing this because I wanted to be done. I told him that I really did like him and how he treated us as his patients but I was really ready to not have to see him anymore. 

He laughed, and understood. He explained this entire situation like running a hurdled marathon. We have crossed these hurdles and it is time to cross a few more to be safe.

Now we continue to wait on the noonans. He said that it was rare to have these good results and to have that come back positive but he has seen crazier things. For example a mother getting all good news back and on his last “lets be safe check up” he found issues with the baby.

I appreciated his honesty. When you are at an appointment like this and having waited through so many weeks, it is harsh but nice to know all of the odds.

No comments :

Post a Comment