Saturday, October 11, 2014

We're Pregnant!


Ryan and I, once we had Mayson had said we would start trying for baby number 2 after his first birthday.

Well that turned into "we will start trying probably when he turns two"

Then that turned into "we really just aren't sure when we want to try"

The truth was, we had NO idea when the right time would be. We heard everyone tell us that it was normal to be unsure when the right time was, and the only answer is there is never a perfect time. 

We were enjoying every bit of being a family of three and finally decided we were ready. We were aware that it may be a little harder this go round just because I was not regular. After years of waiting to try I was not excited to hear that news. 

We decided to try a few months on our own and if we were unsuccessful we would go on birth control for a few months, then come off hoping to at that point be on a regular cycle.

Thankfully we got pregnant on the third month of trying. 

I knew I was pregnant, I just had a feeling. I wasn't sick, didn't feel different honestly....
I just knew I was pregnant.

I took two tests on Ryan's birthday, both said negative. I cried........cried like a baby. For a few reasons......that meant we were starting birth control in attempt to regulate me......it also meant that I was wrong in my excitement.....and what on earth was I going to get Ryan that could compare to an exciting pregnancy announcement.

We had a wedding to go to that Saturday and I was excited to enjoy the evening with my husband. While Ryan got Mays ready to go to his moms I decided I would take ONE more test....JUST to be sure.

I quickly hid from Ryan because I knew that if Ryan knew he would say "Babe your just going to waist another test and be disappointed" BUT I wanted to just make double sure that I was not.

AND IT READ POSITIVE!!!!!!!  
I was thrilled. Just two days prior I was so sad and now I needed to compose myself and enjoy the evening and hold in my little secret until I got Ryan's "Late birthday" gift ready for Monday. Which would not be easy, I had to keep silent about it all day Sunday and spent every hour that he was at work that Monday making his surprise. It was WORTH it!

After working all day I told him I needed him to play this DVD and watch it for me.....little did he know what the ending entailed. 

Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment