Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Who Doesn't Love a little DIY :)

I love DIY Projects.

Let me be honest....I can pin all day long these amazing DIY projects I think I "need" that I really "want" to do.....but when I set my mind to something that I "LOVE" I will make it happen.

Lord knows this section of the blog could go on for days BUT, I will be starting with one of the most important projects that is very near and dear to my heart.

Maybe DIY is just in my blood :) My Pepa and Mema are AMAZING at DIY projects. He started many many many years ago wood working.
 

So.....When I found a farm house table on Pinterest, equipped with a beautiful set of "blue prints."
I printed the 20 page project that stated it would cost $200.00 to make and I went bee bopping to my Pepa's wood working shop. 

A place that has smelt and looked the same for as long as I can remember. 

Invision this...

Organized wood shavings, thousands of perfectly sharpened pencils, rows and rows of wood (all purchased at great prices), more screws and nails than 25 humans could count, and so many childhood memories (including hitting my thumb with a hammer) that I love so dearly.

I showed my Pepa the plans and he laughed. 
"First of all baby, that table is going to cost more than that....I dunno what they built it with for that price but thats nearly impossible"

Well I knew I wanted it....I knew I wanted his help. Ryan and I just purchased our first home together and we were going to build this bad boy to fit the sitting room in our new home. So I drew out sizes on paper and cut it out and laid it onto the floor to make sure it was exactly the size I wanted.
And we started working on it. We did a little yelling, Lots of Laughing....some more yelling. 

Lots of him telling me I was not right on the next step we needed to take and then him telling me I was right :) 
and so many more memories made working on a table that my family for years will make memories around. 

Here is my most prized "DIY" project. The last project he and I completed together.
(Better pictures to come!)





No comments :

Post a Comment